Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hotel Shopping on the Web

Sometimes I am surprised how hard it is to trust some websites.  For instance.  I booked a hotel in Houston which I thought looked fairly nice on their website.  Yes, I realize their best rooms will be present on the site but heavens, you should have seen the dump this place turned out to be.  As only God would have it, I was able to book into the hotel we normally stay in but was previuosly known to be booked for the term we needed, hence why I had looked for another hotel. 

Anyway, even after reading reviews, try to contact someone, whom you trust, before you stay at a hotel.  If that is not possible, then stick to a reputable chain that is always rated with 5 stars.  It just is not worth the savings to end up in a dive, for a fair amount of money, and not even want to put your suitcase on the filthy rug let alone sleep in the questionable bed!   UGH!!!

Marriott Courtyard is fairly rated and safe to say a clean, nice enviroment.  Hampton Inns are fairly nice for a quick stay.  Usually clean and accomodating for a shorter stay,  for a longer stay ,I recommend a suite. 

If you are looking for more posh accomodations, there is always the Hilton.  Except I personally think the Hilton in Houston Medical Center Area has become a bit seedy for the price. Of course there other wonderful, extravagent type hotels but when traveling, I personally don't need that for the 8-10 hours I will be there for.

My little two cents on hotels on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment