Saturday, October 27, 2012

FIGHTING THE GREAT FIGHT

It seem that every time I turn around I am hearing about another dear friend starting the Great Fight.
The Great Fight is the battle of Cancer.

I capitolize the word Cancer because it is a very serious illness and you have to respect the severity of it's effects.

I call it the Great Fight because it is the biggst battle a person can do on their own.  I say on their own loosely because I am not taking into consideration that Jesus is with us all the way in this fight and our care givers are invaluable saints.  But, you, yourself are conducting the biggest battle of your life and that is what you are fighting for, your life.

How do I know?  Well, since 2006 I have been fighting various cancers! Yup, more that one and none which were minor.I have lost organs, almost lost my life serveral times and lost more blood that any body could make. But, here I am, yet still fighting the Great Fight, still and respecting the C word with intense fear.

BUT, NEVER give up the Great Fight. Why, because we may be fighting but we are not fighting alone.  We must trust that Jesus is with us, fighting the fight with us and listening to all the prayers sent up to Him on our behalf.  WE must fight for THEM. Jesus, our friends and family and even strangers that are looking on and wondering why you are fighting so hard. 
Let His light shine through you onto those watching.  Let them know you can do all things with Jesus Christ beside you, holding you and lifting you up, loving you, healing you.

God Bless You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment